Activity: Other › Types of External academic engagement - Contribution to the work of national or international committees and working groups
1. Advising Council on all matters relating to Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging that fall within the remit of the Institute.
2. To initiate and be a forum for scientific discussion and when required set up working groups to study specific topics.
3. To work closely with Council, initiating, arranging and organising those aspects of the Institute’s Scientific Meetings Programme which fall within the remit of the Committee.
4. To coordinate molecular imaging research in the UK and provide advice on imaging aspects to researchers.
5. To coordinate multicentre studies and apply for grants for such projects – selling point is that BIR would help the research to be done quickly.
6. To write protocols.